Monday, January 10, 2011

Silence song

                                           RELIVE
     

The Silence Song

The silence is so proud....
for the sadness has come.
With a bitterness laced with a cold shroud....

that weaves a loom of despair...
as the woman wears...
this time each year.
A black countenance that has gradually  changed to hues of gray,
as she stands against the window pane...
and down the glass her aged tears drip like rain.

On this particular day,why does it always happen this way?
Beings with neither soul nor sense,
boldly open the doors of pretense.

softly whispering and fervently coach,
as they float like smoke and guard the approach....

of the questions that seem to magnify  that are riddled with lies,
with each past ghost every one syncs to match to the final daunting response
that means the most.....
to her virtue......

Asking......
Among these phantoms.....
 which one are you?
                                      

5 comments:

  1. Both excellent portrayals of that deep, emotional, 'silence' experience.
    you said it well, especially this line
    'beings with neither soul nor sense' but all are good

    summed it up nicely with the last bit
    'of the questions that seem to magnify that are riddled with lies,
    with each past ghost every one syncs to match to the final daunting response
    that means the most.....
    to her virtue......

    Asking......
    Among these phantoms.....
    which one are you?

    awesome!

    your painting really wrenched at my heart

    thanks for returning to my blog and for your comment
    I see what you mean with both poems seeming like one
    gives me an idea... :)

    vacation?? mmm....that would be nice
    have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am following you now! It took me a while to find the button (at the top of the page). You are so talented! I like your poetry and your art. I am new to art; I have been taking lessons for a year and a half. I am addicted! I am getting ready to convert a tiny living room we never use into an art studio. My 13 year old likes art, too, so I am doing it for her as well as for me. Please follow me, too, and we can encourage each other! You are the first to comment on my flower series. I think I might do another one later in the winter, and I will consider your suggestions because they are intriguing!
    ~Ricki Jill

    PS I love "The Silence Song."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for stopping by my blog... I love the look of yours and the poems and paintings are amazing! I really admire artists and I find that I'm becoming a follower of many these days...I guess I'm hoping some of your talents will rub off on me! I'll be back to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone for your encouraging words! It really made my day today; and I am inspired even more thanks again I look forward to seeing what you all will post because you all are some talented individuals that I enjoy and admire learning and creating from. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely blog, beautiful writing!
    Love it :)

    ReplyDelete