Monday, January 17, 2011

The news was not so good off paper

Well the news that I shared is a no go on the spot in the book. After I shared the news I got a phone call from a very dear friend of mine that is familiar with publishing and she informed me that it was indeed a huge scam! You can't even imagine how shocked and disappointed I was. Struck by denial I decided to see for myself what was so fraudulent about this company, so I googled it. And there it was plain as day complaints sent to the better business bureau, one guy was so angry that he wrote a poem as a complaint to this company! LOL! Apparently, these people have been doing this under different alias's since 1989! I think that is just horrible! Can you imagine putting that on your resume and then being asked to describe exactly what your strengths are with this company? "I build up peoples hopes and dreams and then tear them down just as easily!" Wow! some people really don't have a conscience. Anyhow I am going with another company that is legit and I know this because this is the one my friend has publishing her books. I am so excited about my book and it is hard to contain myself sometimes but thank god I didn't send any money to these people and I still retain exclusive copyright to all of my art and writings. I am so grateful to have people and friends who have my best interest at heart. From here on out I will not be putting anymore of my work on my blog because I am really trying to buckle down and get my first book finished and published! But then again because of my impatience I know that I will! LOL! Oh! I love the way that sounds, "published"! It is going to be a really good book  I think.I will also try to blog about the progress as well. I am very excited and can't wait to get it done! Stay tuned!!!

P.S
Everyone that knows me knows I cannot stay away from my blog.
LOL!!!

5 comments:

  1. I know you must be very disappointed. I hate to hear stories like that! I am happy that your friends are looking out for you, and you are in-touch with a legitimate company. Please keep us posted about your poetry and your progress. You are a true talent, and one day many will recognize it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ricki! you are so kind. will post my progress on my blog! by the way I love your kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm glad that you caught this in time. Although i'm sure you are disappointed but it is turning out all right now. I'm sure your book will be just what you had wished and more.
    the best to you my friend

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Hope I really appreciate your encouragement as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Friend,
    Namaste!
    Good MOrning!
    An interesting read....true words straight from heart....
    Hurdles do occur....But success is yours!
    Hope and pray soon your book will be published!
    Wishing you a wonderful day ahead,
    Sasneham,
    Anu

    ReplyDelete